Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Injustice of Proposition 8


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

I'm not big on romance but I believe in Love and I believe in Justice. There is nothing loving or just about Prop 8. I watched this video and signed the letter of protest and post it here so that others may also have that opportunity. In a nation in which we all have religious freedom, no one has the right to dictate religious morality to anyone else. When the state can legally dissolve a family, all our marriages are demeaned. And when my own child learns that the government can break up a marriage and says to me in a voice both trembling and defiant that we would still be a family no matter what they said, I know that I must stand up for other families founded on love and threatened by bigotry so that my child's fear does not become another child's reality.

2 comments:

Bright Crow said...

Thanks very much, Friend.

I will share this widely.

Blessed Be,
Michael Bright Crow

Lone Star Ma said...

Yes. I posted about this also.